2019-2021 MFA in Photographic and Electronic Media, Maryland Institute College of Art Baltimore, MD
2016-2019 BFA in Fine Arts, Minor in Photography, Columbus College of Art & Design Columbus, OH
2014-2016 BFA in Fine Arts, Xi’an Academy of Fine Arts Xi’an, China
11/2021-Present United Federation of Teachers Member, UFT
09/2021-Present M.S.131 Middle School 孙逸仙中学, Manhattan, NY, USA
Full-Time Digital Art Instructor
● Teach 82 (6th, 7th, and 8th-grade) students in 5 classes Digital Art including Adobe Creative Suites, Wordclouds, and Art Softwares Monday to Friday.
● Manage 5 Ultimaker 3D printers and teach students 3D modeling and collaborative 3D printing projects.
● Lesson Planning and Curriculum Development for 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students.
● Curate 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students' artwork exhibitions on campus including classrooms, hallway, and auditorium.
● Giving feedback and communicating with parents weekly about students' daily class performance through text massages, phone calls, and emails.
● Promote and exhibit M.S.131 Middle School Values: safety, fun, personal growth, and community.
● Keep 32 IMac computers up to date.
● Evaluate students' in-class assignments, homework, main projects, and bonus projects by grading students in IO Classroom/Skedula.com.
● Follow New York City Department of Education Public School policies, rules, procedures, and health and safety guidelines.
10/2021-Present Fusion Education, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Part-time Bilingual (English & Mandarin) Drawing & Painting Instructor
● Teach 9-17 years old students realistic Drawing with pencils on weekends.
● Teach 9-17 years old students Acrylic Painting, Color Theory, Painting Techniques on weekends.
● Design Tailored Fine Art Curriculums Maps & Slideshows for students with different skill levels.
06/2021-08/2021 Appel Farm Art & Music Center, Elmer, NJ, USA
Head of Art & Technology
● Maintain an active presence around lessons, follow up on weekly check-ins, and provide accurate helpful guidance and coaching opportunities to teachers & campers.
● Act as a liaison between Instructors and the Leadership Team including the Bunk Heads and the Camp Directors.
● Uphold camp policies, rules, procedures, and health and safety guidelines.
● Continuously promote and exhibit Appel Farm’s Core Values: safety, fun, personal growth, and community.
● Evaluate how the department is running and making necessary adjustments.
● Keep the department’s supplies and materials up to date while following your budget.
● Coordinate department workshops to ensure a diverse selection of relevant workshops are available
● Organize the set-up and breakdown of department spaces at the beginning and the end of camp.
● Keep an inventory of supplies/equipment, organizing equipment to be repaired, and reporting to the Camp Directors.
10/2020-Present Harvard University Chinese Media Lab, Online
Sound Design Intern
• Research instrument and music style of Northern Wei within Luoyang, the capital city of Henan, China.
• Collaborate with programmers, sound designers, and game designers on the sound design for the Digital Luoyang,
H5 website, and educational game of West Chamber.
09/2020-Present Independent Research with Professor Sonja Kelley, Ph.D. Maryland Institute College of Art
• Research and write a 30-page paper on Composer Tan Dun’s Sonic Painting and Chinese Landscape Painter Fan
Kuan’s Travelers Among Mountains and Streams.
09/2020-Present Graduate Teaching Internship “History of Film”, Maryland Institute College of Art
• Organize zoom Meetings and upload weekly class recordings for 15 weeks.
• Answer questions and share relevant resources in online class chat.
• Take attendance and track students’ academic progress.
07/2020-09/2020 National Aquarium Visual Production Summer Internship, Archivist, Baltimore, MD, USA
Intern Archivist and Researcher
• Researched archived videotapes history and background information.
• Preserved half-century-old aquarium’s historical documents by digitizing and cataloging BETACAM videotapes
that is about to deteriorate into the Aquarium’s inner systems.
• Managed metadata by sing CatDV, Black Magic, Java, and Adobe Creative Suites.
01/2020-05/2020 Graduate Teaching Internship “Keystroke/Brushstroke”, Maryland Institute College of Art
• Assisted a 15-student undergraduate class “Keystroke/Brushstroke” for 15 weeks by co-teaching Adobe
Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, and laser cutting by giving students in-class projects
and on-site software troubleshooting support.
• Assigned homework that requires software design, painting, sculpture, and photography, offered feedback
individually, and held group discussions of interdisciplinary art every two weeks.
09/2019-05/2020 Graduate Program Assistant of Exhibition Department, Maryland Institute College of Art
Gallery and Exhibition Technician
• Supervised technology-intensive installations that required projections, microphones, and sound.
• Directed and advised in the installation of 2D, 3D, and digital artwork in all galleries across campus.
09/2019-12/2019 Graduate Teaching Internship “Black and White Photography I”, Maryland Institute College of Art
• Taught 15 students darkroom black and white photo processing by using film developer, enlarger, and safelights.
• Critiqued students’ photographs every two weeks and give an artist presentation.
• Prepared class documents and handouts before the weekly class session.
01/2017-05/2019 Dimensional Studies Studio Monitor, Columbus College of Art & Design
Sculpture and Jewelry Lab Monitor
• Organized and managed woodshop and jewelry shop tools.
• Offered demos of woodcutting, frame-making, and welding three days a week for two years.
• Assisted CCAD annual bronze casting being one of the six core bronze pouring team members guiding the heated
crucible with melted bronze while wearing thermal protective clothing.
• Reported emergencies including injuries, power outages, gas leaks, and broken facilities.
2021 ICADE 2021 TSINGHUA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ART & DESIGN EDUCATION 清华国际艺术与教育大会, ASK: OUR DIVERSE WORLD 想多样的世界提问， TSINGHUA UNIVERSITY 清华大学, GRADUATION EXHIBITION OF INTERNATIONAL ART & DESIGN INSTITUTES 国际艺术与设计院校优秀毕业作品展览, BEIJING, CHINA 中国北京
2021 The Global Design Graduate Show 2021 in collaboration with Gucci，ARTS THREAD
2021 Remote Landing Global Graduation Show 异地登陆全球艺术院校毕业作品展，Beijing, China
2021 Remedy拾遗, 1862 Theater, Shanghai, China
2021 MICA GRADSHOW2021, MD
2021 JHU-MICA Virtual Student Film Festival, Baltimore, MD
2020 LED Baltimore Billboard (52 feet), Baltimore Pennsylvania Station, Baltimore, MD
2020 Asia North 2020 Exhibition, Towson University, Baltimore, MD
2019 Breaking Barriers, Byers Gallery, Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus, OH
2018 Best of CCAD Students Chroma Group Show, Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus, OH
2018 The White Album, Ohio State Univerisity Wexner Center, Columbus, OH
2017 Best of CCAD Students Chroma Group Show, Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus, OH
2017 Young Artist 7 group show, Sean Christopher Gallery, Columbus. OH
2017 In Need of Audience, Beaton Gallery, Columbus, OH
2016 Winter Sketching Exhibition, Hongmei Gallery, Xi’an, China
2017 In Need of Audience, Beaton Gallery, Columbus, OH
2016 Best of XAFA Students Group Chroma Exhibition, Hongmei Gallery, Xi’an, China
2021 ARTS THREAD Short List, The Global Design Graduate Show 2021 in collaboration with Gucci
2020 MICA Internship Fellowship, Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD
2020 Maryland Retailers Association Scholarship, Baltimore, MD
2019 Merit International Student Scholarship Grant, Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD
2016-2018 President’s List, Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus, OH
2016-2018 Merit International Student Scholarship Grant, Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus, OH
2016 National Best College Student Merit Scholarship, Xi’an Academy of Fine Arts, Xi’an, China